Thursday, August 29, 2013

22k for 22q, who's in?

It kicks off Monday!!  Spread the word, the more the merrier!  (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, see my previous post!)

I wasn't able to get much exercise in today because I had two sickies at home.  Gavin had a fever last night and Connor woke up with a cough.  Thankfully both of them were just fine at home today, no fever for either of them, and although Connor continues to cough and have little voice, he was acting fine most of the day.  So it's back to school for both of them tomorrow!

They're sick, can't you tell?  Crazy kids.  

There was a time that a small sickness like this would knock Connor down for *weeks*, it still amazes me to see him handle it fine!

So we only got in 1 mile today, but I did it fast!  I didn't time myself (I wish I had) but it was definitely a quick mile.  Ian and Connor rode their bikes, Gavin rode in the jogging stroller.  Ruby the dog ran with us (as usual) but I tried her with just a regular collar (vs the head halter she usually wears) and that was a mistake.  She hates the halter (it squeezes around her snout if she pulls) but she doesn't run well without it.  Since I'm pushing a jogger, I can't have her pulling at all.



I did pretty well with food today.  I had a Shakeology early this morning then I made Connor and Gavin some home made French toast for a late breakfast (whole wheat bread, 2 eggs, 1 cup of almond milk, and cinnamon)  I did put some syrup on it, and it wasn't even good syrup :(  I was really good at dinner, had a salad made with fresh baby spring greens with baked chicken and fresh Wisconsin cheese grated on top.  Then I experimented with some egg plant after dinner, a neighbor gave me some and I put some in a soup I made, the rest I tried with different spices tonight.  Turned out pretty good!


How is everyone doing?  Did anyone get in any exercise today?  Remember that *anything* counts!!  Did you mow the lawn?  Walk the dog?  Tell me about it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment