Saturday, September 7, 2013

5k for 22q!

Happy to say I can report that I have achieved 5k for 22q!

A 5 kilometer race AND 1.3 kilogram weight loss!  1.3 kilograms down, 20.7 kilograms to our goal of 22k(ilograms) for 22q!  I've had several people ask me about the shirts I wear when I run, I'm getting the word out there, one run at a time.

I've been having some shin splint problems and Achilles pain, unfortunately this is pretty typical for me.  I've been doing a lot of icing and wearing a splint at night trying to help it.  I also took several days of rest this week, focusing instead on my diet since I couldn't run.


But not today!  Today I ran a race!  Just a 5k, nothing big or long, and I didn't try for any specific time. I ran with my oldest son, Ian (age 8) for part of the race, and both of us had a lot of fun!




How's everybody else doing?  Anybody take up some new exercise?  Anybody working on changing their diets any?  I've been drinking Shakeology every day to ensure I'm getting the right nutrients.  In addition I've been eating some rather tasty salads, made with lots of baby greens, sometimes topped with chicken sometimes with sauteed mushrooms and onions.  I've also been working on adding more water into my day, I realized I had let myself turn into a camel!  But now I'm drinking at least 40oz of plain water, which is still under what I need to be drinking, but it's definite progress.

Along with drinking, I'm sad to report that McDonald's ended their summer-long any size iced coffee for a dollar special.  But, I'm also happy to report that McDonald's ended their summer-long any size iced coffee for a dollar special!!  Huh?  That's right, I'm sad, but I'm happy.  I thoroughly enjoyed drinking them all summer, but my waist line is showing it!  Do any of you have a food or drink that you just love, even if you know if's horrible for you?

Monday is when the first reports are due from everyone!  I'll post then and you can all add your results to the comments.  But please tell me about your progress!

2 comments:

  1. I love Mountain Dew!! But I rarely drink it because I know it is horrible for me and once I drink it I start craving it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed the same thing! The more I drink or eat something, the more I crave it. Thanks to the price increase, I cut the iced coffee cold turkey. Diet Pepsi is still a treat I enjoy...should probably focus on that one next!

      Delete